Saturday, June 4, 2011

NYC Before

NYC is a mysterious ,dark continent of the unknown for me. I go to NYC only when I have to (which is rare). I really don't know anything about the city. But I am looking forward to the class, an adventure. I just came home from a 2 days upstate. I found a used bookstore in a town called Deposit. I went in to do some research on the World's Fair,but found a book called" Liquid Assets-" The history of New York City's Water System . ( I will share the book with you )  I can't seem to put it down. Its the story of how the fresh water gets to thirsty New York. INCREDIBLE. I also found books on the Worlds Fair, but would like to do some research on the  reservoirs and watersheds of upstate New York. Looking forward to my New York City adventure

3 comments:

  1. I'm very impressed by you enthusiasm for New York's water supply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I was very impressed with our first trip. I have only 1 blister.I really enjoyed Queens Brough Park The site of the 1964 World's Fair.From dump to park. A place where you can imagine futuristic inventions and imagine Peace thru understanding and thats exactly what its was. As a little girl I remember the unisfere, and eating Belgium waffles with ice cream. It was a place where you could let your imagination go. I think it still is.I think I would like to go bake to see P
    s 1 MOMA since it was closed. It will go on my bucket list. Thanks for such a nice time . Looking forward to Coney

    ReplyDelete
  3. 22/25

    Patricia, I enjoyed reading your entries, which were nicely written. You do need to write a bit more about your experiences and be more consitent in citing the BG and other sites.

    ReplyDelete